For messenger marketing to work to its full potential, you need to initially choose the right platform. Today, the most popular platforms in the CIS are WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram and Facebook messenger. Each of these platforms has its own characteristics that businesses need to consider.TELEGRAM
From the list of messengers, Telegram is the most advanced and innovative platform with an advanced bot-infrastructure.
Use Telegram if:
- You want secure communication channels;
- You want to communicate with your customers not only in person but also with bots;
- You need to attract clients through new communication channels.
Viber is the most popular messenger in the CIS, so it is mainly used by companies with a Russian-speaking target audience.
Paid advertising can be seen in several places: a clickable banner pops up in Viber at the end of a call; ads also appear in the "Sticker Packs" section; video ads in the application's PC. Paid advertising in Viber is needed to get additional reach.Choose Viber if:
- Your target audience is Russian-speaking users;
- You are looking for a new channel for brand promotion and communication with your target audience;
- Your company needs a messenger that helps communicate with clients, as well as communicate within the company.
It's the most popular messenger in the world, with 1.7 billion users, and its main advantage and difference from other platforms is its mass appeal. Also, keep in mind that there is no paid messaging or advertising on WhatsApp.This platform is great for you if:
- You're an international business;
- You're looking for a direct channel of communication with consumers;
- Your company needs a system for employee communication.
This platform is the second most popular worldwide. Facebook-messenger is used to communicate with friends and followers of the brand page.Choose Messenger if:
- You or your brand use Facebook a lot;
- Your brand uses Facebook a lot, you or your brand needs an alternative form of contact. After all, when using Messenger, your visitors can send messages to the brand's Facebook page;
- You are looking for a practical tool to communicate with your customers and employees.